Coloring pages printable for kids
A coloring book or affectionately called a coloring book is a black and white picture that the child needs to color himself. Pick up pencils, felt-tip pens, watercolor or gouache and get started!
Did you know that not every picture is suitable for coloring? We are interested not only in entertainment, but also in benefits. Useful coloring pages for children are those that have:
- All details are clearly expressed;
- One or more key images (for example, a flower or a fairy-tale hero);
- An interesting picture with meaning.
When choosing a coloring book for a child, you need to consider only two factors: age and gender. Small children need to be offered large pictures, which will be difficult to miss and go beyond the contours. For older children - images with various small details.
Visit Kleurplaat to download more coloring pages
Wonderful color transformations are visible in each finished coloring book. Blue trees, red animals, and orange daisies… Sound familiar? It is up to parents to decide whether to insist that the child color all the elements of the coloring book in the correct colors or let him fantasize. What can you say? Everyone's choice, but let's tell you a secret, if you don't insist, then at least you need to recommend. How else? If the child is not 2-4 years old, then it would be time to start getting used to reality.
Smart kids coloring:
We are always for the benefit of the cause, which means that although children's coloring pages are entertainment, a little semantic load will not hurt. Trust me, it won't hurt. Imagine a regular coloring book with fruits and a coloring book with a small crossword puzzle or a letter of the alphabet. Here is the benefit for you, you yourself will not notice how you learn the alphabet and learn how to count. So, smart coloring pages are our choice!
Coloring pages for children by age:
- 2-4 years old: we know that it is still difficult to call a baby diligent and attentive. Your choice: paints, not pencils, and of course simple large drawings in two or three colors. The result: a bright drawing in minutes and great joy.
- 3-5 years: it's time to study the world around us: flowers and mushrooms, birds and animals, as well as learn by coloring letters and numbers, choose pencils and pictures with a bold outline, preferably with the need for shading.
- 6 years and older: heroes of fairy tales and cartoons, plots and characters - that's what fascinates a child at this age. Take a huge set of pencils or felt-tip pens with different shades of colors and use your imagination.
What else would you like to teach your child?
Do not think that children's coloring books only help develop imagination and motor skills. What else parents can teach a child by coloring coloring pages is:
- Performing certain actions on a task: sequential coloring of elements calms and trains perseverance;
- Neatness: we will learn how to wash the brushes after each mixing of colors and change the water in the cup, do not forget to clean the table and lay down the paints and pencils;
- Recognition: for each drawing you need to praise, and over time, select the best ones and hang them on the refrigerator or wall. Select the brightest and highest quality pictures together with the child, let him say why he likes one picture more than the other. This will teach you to understand that you can always do better.
Girl or boy?
Children's coloring pages for girls are traditionally separated from coloring pages for boys. Girls prefer princesses and flowers, boys prefer cars and planes. But don't narrow down your child's interests. These are prejudices! Each child should try himself in different areas.
And who will teach the child to color?
Indeed, there are parents who give the child a coloring book and pencils and leave him room for imagination. Like, do whatever you want. Maybe they are right about something, but it is necessary to teach them how to hold a pencil in their hands. And correctly - it means, holding between the thumb and middle fingers, holding the index from above. From the sharpened end of the pencil should be no more than 3 cm to the fingers. It is very important. If a child gets used to holding it in a wrong way, then it will be very difficult to wean it off, and the accent will leave much to be desired.
It is important to immediately, preferably by example, show:
- Coloring the coloring - do not go beyond the contours;
- You need to color all parts of the picture;
- The color must be distributed evenly;
- You need to paint to the end, and not quit halfway through;
- You need to paint coloring pages, not wallpapers and all surrounding objects, but so far no mother has apparently escaped the ever-expanding boundaries of children's creativity, however, most likely not one of them has regretted it.
Computer coloring for children
Yes, this issue is the subject of much debate. If you really want to, you can color for half an hour a day at the computer, but, like some psychologists, and parents, we are against such coloring. Why? Not only does the child sit at the computer, from which he cannot be torn off just like from the TV, there is also no benefit, only entertainment.